10 Optical Facts That Will Astound You
Do you want to do something about the fine...not so fine lines spreading around your eyes? Do you want to improve your eyesight and prevent problems like macular degeneration? There are so many things you can do to improve your health and skills in this area; don't throw your hands up and let doctors take care of everything! This blog is a compilation of information that is not widely known.
- Your eyes start to get tired after 2 hours of reading.
- People blink about 15,000 times a day.
- There are more than 40 different types of eye problems, such as cataracts, glaucoma, and age-related macular degeneration.
- Hundreds of millions of people around the world wear glasses.
- In order to read a book comfortably, you need to be at a distance of no more than 14 inches from the page.
- It's believed that your eyes can see up to 1 million different colors.
- Your eyes can process 36,000 pieces of information every hour.
- Reading stimulates your brain and improves memory function, which has been proven by a study conducted by the University of Sussex.
- To be classified as reading glasses, the power must be between +0 and +3.5
- Reading glasses in odd or unusual shapes can make you appear smarter or older depending on the shape you choose!
*Bonus* The oldest eyeglasses found were discovered in Italy and date back to 1305-1306 A.D.
Your eye health is important and it's good to know fun facts about your eyes! Just as it’s important to know about what's happening in your eyes it’s important to find the best readers for you! And that's what OldAzz Eyes is here for! We are always working on new styles so feel free to take a look at our newest products!